Be Uplifted Inc has supporters throughout the community, and we enjoy the constant support from many of the talented members of Brisbane’s Orchid Societies.
In 2018, our breast cancer charity has again been invited to fundraise at some of the best orchid showing events that will be held in Brisbane.
What to do at the Orchid Show
This is your chance to come along and view an amazing array of beautiful show quality orchids, plus get professional advice on growing your own.
As well as viewing these impressive flowers, at these events you can also take part in demonstrations teaching you how to correctly re-pot an orchid and get orchid care tips.
There is also the opportunity to buy beautiful quality orchid plants from experienced growers.
Fundraising for breast cancer
As well as orchid viewing and care, Brisbane’s favourite breast cancer charity, Be Uplifted Inc will be on hand at these events to raise awareness for the disadvantage faced by breast cancer patients during treatment, and raising funds.
Our volunteers, led by the lovely Gayle, will be there at the Be Uplifted Inc fundraising stand.
Come and see them and:
- Purchase some breast cancer awareness merchandise
- Buy some of the handmade craft items created by our volunteers. Our team will have wonderful items for sale including tea towels, carry bags, coat hangers, and other gift items
- Talk about Be Uplifted Inc helps breast cancer patients during their treatment
- Grab some flyers and information booklets about breast cancer
- Talk about what other upcoming fundraising events we have
- Find out about our op shops
All the details
The West Moreton Orchid Shows will be held on the following dates:
Saturday 30 June and Sunday 1 July 2018
Saturday 27 October and Sunday 28 October 2018
Brisbane Botanic Gardens’ Auditorium
Tip: The Auditorium is located behind the Planetarium, adjacent to the Administration and Library building. Download a detailed map of the Gardens.
All of the funds raised by our volunteers at these events will be used to help Be Uplifted Inc provide services for breast cancer patients. You can read more about how we help others here.