BeUplifted.org.au (“Be Uplifted Inc”, or “the website”) is owned and operated by Be Uplifted Inc, Registered Charity Number CH 2014, Charity ABN 49270645534 (“we”, “our” or “us”).
Be Uplifted Inc takes your privacy very seriously and acts responsibly to handle your personal information.
Be Uplifted Inc may collect personal information about you when you visit our website or subscribe to our services.
Our website complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This legislation sets out how we must collect, store and use and disclose your personal information, plus how you can access your personal information stored with us.
What is personal information?
Australia’s Privacy Act describe personal information as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information we collect from you
Be Uplifted Inc collects and uses the personal information you disclose to us on its website.
We use this personal information where it is necessary and reasonably required for us to provide services to our customers, including recipients of our services, those customers who inquire about our services, those customers who purchase goods or event tickets online and subscribers to any of our online services.
Be Uplifted Inc will always tell you when we are collecting your personal information.
We collect your personal information in various ways on our website:
- If you enter a competition or participate in a voting forum.
- If you complete an online questionnaire or survey.
- If you join up to our mailing list, we will also collect your name and email address.
- If you purchase any goods online, when you use any payment system or gateway service provided by us to make payment.
- If you purchase any goods online, your name, address, email address and telephone number is collected.
- If you purchase any event tickets online, when you use any payment system or gateway service provided by us to make payment.
- If you purchase any event tickets online, your name, address, email address and telephone number is collected.
- If you make a donation to us online, when you use any payment system or gateway service provided by us to make your donation.
- If you a donation to us online, your name, address, email address and telephone number is collected to provide you with a tax invoice.
- If you make a request online for one of our services, such as a request for our knitted knockers or a drain bag, your name and address is collected to provide you with the service you have requested.
- If you complete an online form to volunteer with us, the information you provide us is collected.
- If you make a recipient request, the details of that request and your name, address, email address and telephone number is collected.
- If you complete a contact form on our website, or make a request for information, the information you provide us is collected.
- If you email us, complete an online contact form or otherwise contact us for the purpose of complaining about a service, the information you disclose to us may be collected by us to better our systems and services.
Statistical Information From Cookies
A cookie is a small piece of data that is placed on your hard drive while navigating a website. Cookies enables the hard drive to be tracked and the information recorded. They help us to personalise your experience with us. For example, we can aim products and services at your interests, and can greet you each time you return to our website. Where appropriate, cookies allow you to log-in more quickly.
You can disable cookies from our website, or set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie. Some pages of this website may not work without enabling the cookies.
The information that cookies record (also known as clickstream data) includes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name
- The date and time of your visit
- The type of browser you use to view our website
- Your IP address
- The type of operating system you use
- The screen resolutions and colours you use
- The previous websites you have visited
- The search engines and queries you used to access our website
We will not attempt to identify you or your browsing activity via this information. Statistical data is collected by cookies when you browse including about sales, browsing patterns and navigation techniques that is not personally identifiable. We use this information to help with researching our user’s habits as a whole.
How we use and disclose your personal information
Be Uplifted Inc uses and discloses the personal information we collect and hold from this information for various purposes.
How we may use your personal information
The main purpose we collect your personal information is to help us complete customer requests for products and services and perform our business functions. We also use this information to improve the quality of our products and services.
Specifically, we may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to inquiries you make through our website.
- To provide you with a product or service, such as an event ticket or a tax receipt for a donation, that you have paid for.
- To provide you with information that you have requested.
- To verify your identity as either part of a sign-up process, or when you log-in to use our products or services.
- To assist you in creating and maintaining an account or subscription so you can access our products or services quickly, for example helping you by reminding you of username and password if necessary, or automatically pre-populating fields using previous search queries made by you.
- To communicate with you by email, for example by providing you with a newsletter you have signed up to receive.
- To inform you about new or existing products or services we offer, or any changes to our current products and services and how they may affect you.
- To investigate a complaint instigated by you.
- To update our records.
- To help us improve the quality of the content of our website and provide you with a more personalised experience, for example by contacting you to complete a survey or questionnaire or provide feedback.
- To improve the effectiveness of our website by tracking statistical patterns of use with cookies to help assess what you want, and using this information to improve our content and better target our advertising.
- To combine our statistical data compiled by cookies with your personal information to create a more personalised website that is relevant to your needs, for example by ensuring advertising is engaging.
- To ensure you abide by our website’s terms and conditions of use.
- For any reason required by law.
How we may disclose your personal information
In accordance with the National Privacy Principles, we may disclose your personal information to third party providers.
Circumstances when Be Uplifted Inc may disclose your personal information include:
- If you subscribe to a service on our website, to other financial institutions, such as banks and other businesses for the purpose of activating your subscription.
- To third parties which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry form on our website.
- To our service providers to allow them to provide you with communications and information including offers, promotions, programs and information about goods, or services that are specific to your needs and may be of interest to you.
- When required by law.
What Be Uplifted Inc will NOT do with your personal information
Be Uplifted Inc does not participate in, or condone spam emails. We will never email you marketing or commercial information unless you expressly consent to do so. For example, we may email you in response to a request from you, or to confirm your registration to our mailing list.
When we send you an email, it will include an ‘unsubscribe’ option, which will enable you to expressly withdraw your consent for us to use your email address for marketing purposes.
All responses to survey and other feedback will remain confidential and we will not reveal, disclose, sell or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties without your consent.
Where we use our statistical information or provide it to third parties for the purposes of marketing, we will not use any information that personally identifies you. Where we provide information to third parties, we require third parties to adhere to Australia’s privacy laws.
We do not store your personal information indefinitely. We delete information, survey responses, communications and logs on a regular basis.
We may store any feedback, testimonial or other information about our services indefinitely.
Direct Marketing Material
From time to time, Be Uplifted Inc may send out direct marketing communications including offers, promotions, programs and information about goods, or services that are specific to your needs and may be of interest to you (“communications”).
From time to time we also provide your personal information to carefully selected third parties for the purpose of you being provided with communications.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us or third parties, please unsubscribe when you receive a communication, or contact us.
How your personal information is kept secure
Be Uplifted Inc has put stringent measures in place to ensure that your personal information is kept safe and secure.
We invest the safest available gateway and information storage services to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to third party websites. We are unable to give any warranties or make any guarantees about the privacy practices of any third party websites providers and accepts no liability for the content for any breaches of privacy on third party websites linked to this website.
In particular, we are not responsible for the way any third party websites collect, use and disclose or handle any personal information you choose to provide to a third party.
Your Rights and Choices
Gaining Accessing to your personal information
Subject to Australia’s privacy laws, we are happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you, and delete or correct your personal information.
Please be sure to provide us with enough details to identify you in your request.
We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for processing your request. We reserve the right to reject your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Updates to our Policy
This policy was last updated in September 2017.
If you believe Be Uplifted Inc has breached the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles you can firstly complain to us at: email@example.com
We will endeavour to respond and resolve your complaint within 30 days. If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint, after 30 days you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.