The Be Uplifted Inc Cancer Support Services Guide
Written after lengthy consideration by the Be Uplifted Inc volunteers, our guide provides breast cancer patients with detailed advice and practical community service options for support, assistance and information. Download your free copy.
Funeral Planning Guide For Breast Cancer Patients
Talking Life Podcast, Peter has Wendy, one of the co-founders of Brisbane breast cancer charity Be Uplifted Inc, discuss how they support women and families dealing with breast cancer.
When was the last time you had your breasts checked? You would perhaps check that you were receiving value for money on your car insurance premium or your home and contents insurance – your breast health is no different. Make sure you keep regular breast checks.
If you move house or change your email address, don’t forget to update your details registered with BreastScreen Queensland so they know where to send you appointment reminders.
To make your BreastScreen appointment, to find out more about screening, their service locations and who is eligible, visit the BreastScreen Queensland website www.breastscreen.qld.gov.au
Breast and Prostate Cancer Association of Queensland Inc.
To contact the Zonta Club:
Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service
The Queensland Government offers two wonderful sources of information:
- Call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit the Get Healthy website.
- Find your health and fitness age on the Healthier. Happier. website.
Breast Cancer Network Australia
- Find out more information about breast cancer, or services and resources from the Breast Cancer Network Australia’s website.
- Freecall 1800 500 258
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Breast Cancer Foundation
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation offers a great online resource. Visit their website.
- Call 02 8098 4800
- Email: email@example.com
Queensland Cancer Council
- For information on all types of cancer, not just breast cancer, and advice on cancer related lifestyle and health matters, have a look at the Queensland Cancer Council website.
- You can also call the Queensland Cancer Council on 07 3634 5100
National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre
- Telephone the centre on 02 9357 9400
Look Good… Feel Better
- This national program is a fantastic opportunity for women receiving breast cancer. Learn about the program and and register to participate online.
- Call 1800 650 960