The Be Uplifted Inc Cancer Support Services Guide
Written after lengthy consideration by the Be Uplifted Inc volunteers, our guide provides breast cancer patients with detailed advice and practical community service options for support, assistance and information. Download your free copy.
Talking Life Podcast, Peter has Wendy, one of the co-founders of Brisbane breast cancer charity Be Uplifted Inc, discuss how they support women and families dealing with breast cancer.
When was the last time you had your breasts checked? You would perhaps check that you were receiving value for money on your car insurance premium or your home and contents insurance – your breast health is no different. Make sure you keep regular breast checks.
If you move house or change your email address, don’t forget to update your details registered with BreastScreen Queensland so they know where to send you appointment reminders.
To make your BreastScreen appointment, to find out more about screening, their service locations and who is eligible, visit the BreastScreen Queensland website www.breastscreen.qld.gov.au
Breast Cancer Network Australia
- Find out more information about breast cancer, or services and resources from the Breast Cancer Network Australia’s website.
- Freecall 1800 500 258
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Breast Cancer Foundation
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation offers a great online resource.
Visit their website.
- Call 02 8098 4800
- Email: email@example.com
Queensland Cancer Council
- For information on all types of cancer, not just breast cancer, and advice on cancer related lifestyle and health matters, have a look at the Queensland Cancer Council website.
- You can also call the Queensland Cancer Council on 07 3634 5100
Helpful Hints for Supporting Your Friend
National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre
- Telephone the centre on 02 9357 9400