At Be Uplifted Inc we are so proud that in 2017 our breast cancer charity has made a real difference in so many people’s lives.
The hard work of our volunteers has touched the heart of not just breast cancer patients, but also members of the community and business leaders and local government, who are now supporters of Be Uplifted Inc.
In 2017, Be Uplifted Inc continued to grow and enjoy more support among our community than ever before.
Here is just a summary of some of our major achievements.
Be Uplifted Inc relocated our headquarters to Zillmere, which is now a constant hub of activity and excitement.
Our services have increased to include two more northside hospitals. Be Uplifted Inc now accepts referrals for breast cancer patients at the North Lakes Day Hospital and Prince Charles Hospital.
- Our breast cancer charity now offers more valuable patient services than ever before. Breast cancer patients have access to hairdressing, counselling services, and in December we even offered hearing tests!
The Zillmere Op Shop has proven a great success in the local community. Since opening in July, we have extended opening hours to six days a week to cater for the growing demand by our customers.
Our expanding range of fundraising events has continued to educate the community about our activities. Be Uplifted Inc is represented at Orchid Shows, at Shopping Centre Stalls and within the community we raising more money to help breast cancer patients with shopping tours, morning teas, our very popular Cent Auctions, theatre outings and so much more.
- We launched our new and improved website to provide easier access to information, and also created our own YouTube channel so you can enjoy advice from Wendy, and watch our wonderful promotional video created by the team at Griffith University. We also now have a dedicated Op Shop Facebook page.
Focusing on People Not Research
The motto, “people not research“, remains at the heart of all that we do at Be Uplifted Inc. And this clear through many of the ways we have helped breast cancer patients in 2017.
For example, this year, Be Uplifted Inc has been able to:
- Provide a breast cancer patient with a wheelchair to assist their mobility during their palliative care
- Arrange for new school equipment for children of a mother who passed away during breast cancer treatment
- Paid essential household bills to allow breast cancer patients the chance to recover from their treatment without fear of eviction or massive financial disadvantage due to their diagnosis
- Continue to gift our “We Care” Hampers to countless breast cancer patients during their treatment
- Cleaning the homes of sick breast cancer patients to ensure they a healthy and hygienic safe to recover in